Tag Archives: New York
- The truth behind New York’s failed sports gambling bill
June 25, 2019
Legislators had worked tirelessly to get bills approved that would allow the activity beyond the four upstate venues already authorized for sportsbooks but, in the end, their efforts were fruitless.
- Mobile sports gambling in New York? Better luck next year
June 20, 2019
The bill to authorize online sports wagers in New York seems not going to push thru this year, as expected by Assemblyman Gary Pretlow.
- New York senate okay mobile betting; eyes on Assembly, Cuomo
June 17, 2019
New York's state Senate okays mobile betting legislation but doubts remain whether Assembly will allow vote before session ends Wednesday.
- New York casinos okayed to offer in-person sports betting
June 10, 2019
New York regulators okays rules governing in-person sports betting at land-based casinos; Seneca Nation challenges slots-sharing payments in federal court.
- Illegal New York gambling ring with ties to Costa Rica busted
June 7, 2019
Seven people in New York are looking at possibly spending some time behind bars for their involvement in an illegal gambling operation based out of Astoria.
- New sports gambling bill in New York shows discrimination
Online sports gambling could be coming to New York in the near future, but only to a few select venues if a newly resurrected and altered gambling bill is approved.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Betting odds supplier Don Best warns of malware data breach
February 11, 2019