Tag Archives: Nevada
- ‘Vegas Dave’ escapes jail, but still barred from Vegas venues
May 22, 2019
David Oancea won’t be going to jail after being found guilty of stealing social security numbers to create false casino accounts and hide his winnings.
- Ohio, Nevada look to avoid a confrontation with DOJ
Both Ohio and Nevada are rewriting their respective legislation to change how online gambling is worded in hopes that this could stave off any DOJ attack.
- Musical chairs at the Nevada Gaming Commission continues
May 21, 2019
A well-known, respected Las Vegas attorney and a founding partner of the Cohen Johnson law firm, Steven Cohen was named to the Nevada Gaming Commission.
- GVC a step closer to Nevada license in squeaker 2-1 vote
May 9, 2019
GVC had to face some hard questions about its Turkish license, but moves one step closer to a provisional licenses anyway.
- 6 Vegas sports gambling funds controlled by former Ponzi scheme operators
May 7, 2019
John F. Thomas III manages six funds that are now being put under the microscope by the U.S. SEC, according to reports.
- Nevada governor names Solis-Rainey to Gaming Commission
May 2, 2019
Governor Steve Sisolak has named Rosa Solis-Rainey to the Nevada Gaming Commission, making her the fourth member of the panel.
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Nevada casinos see profit surge, first female gaming board chair
January 15, 2018
Las Vegas casino strike talks going down to the wire
May 31, 2018