Tag Archives: mt. gox
- US jury indicts Russian behind $4B bitcoin laundering scheme
July 27, 2017
Joint U.S. and Greek authorities have arrested a Russian national who is suspected of laundering more than $4 billion through a digital currency exchange.
- Ex-CEO pleads not guilty to embezzling Mt. Gox bitcoin, cash funds
July 11, 2017
Karpeles has denied the embezzlement charges against him in connection with the disappearance of millions of dollars’ worth of virtual currency and cash.
- How bitcoin’s price surge may signal a reversal of fortune for Mt. Gox
June 14, 2017
One embattled bitcoin exchange is poised to reap the benefits of bitcoin’s recent advance towards record territory.
- Bitfinex deposit halt stokes fears of Mt. Gox-style meltdown
April 18, 2017
After experiencing delays in U.S. dollar withdrawals, digital currency exchange Bitfinex has decided to halt wire deposits.
- Hedge funds buying Mt. Gox clients’ claims: report
February 13, 2017
At least four hedge funds in the US and Japan have reportedly started buying claims from the more than 24,000 creditors who lost their bitcoins and more
- Bitcoin exchanges stepping up to hasten digital currency adoption in Japank
September 30, 2016
It’s no secret that the 2014 fiasco that was Mt. Gox has caused bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies’ image to suffer, especially in Japan.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017