Tag Archives: mt. gox
- US jury indicts Russian behind $4B bitcoin laundering scheme
27 July 2017
Joint U.S. and Greek authorities have arrested a Russian national who is suspected of laundering more than $4 billion through a digital currency exchange.
- Ex-CEO pleads not guilty to embezzling Mt. Gox bitcoin, cash funds
11 July 2017
Karpeles has denied the embezzlement charges against him in connection with the disappearance of millions of dollars’ worth of virtual currency and cash.
- How bitcoin’s price surge may signal a reversal of fortune for Mt. Gox
14 June 2017
One embattled bitcoin exchange is poised to reap the benefits of bitcoin’s recent advance towards record territory.
- Bitfinex deposit halt stokes fears of Mt. Gox-style meltdown
18 April 2017
After experiencing delays in U.S. dollar withdrawals, digital currency exchange Bitfinex has decided to halt wire deposits.
- Hedge funds buying Mt. Gox clients’ claims: report
13 February 2017
At least four hedge funds in the US and Japan have reportedly started buying claims from the more than 24,000 creditors who lost their bitcoins and more
- Bitcoin exchanges stepping up to hasten digital currency adoption in Japank
30 September 2016
It’s no secret that the 2014 fiasco that was Mt. Gox has caused bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies’ image to suffer, especially in Japan.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
31 March 2017
CalvinAyre.com acquires CoinGeek.com
21 August 2017