Tag Archives: Morongo Band
- Unified California tribes’ draft of online poker bill features PokerStars poison pill
June 4, 2014
A coalition of California's largest tribes unites around draft of online poker bill, but will Morongo challenge the PokerStars' poison pill?
- California online poker bill that excludes PokerStars would face legal challenge
May 23, 2014
PokerStars dominates talk at California gaming conference, with warnings that legislation banning 'bad actors' would face legal challenge.
- Some California tribes reach online poker consensus, but Morongo remain outliers
May 17, 2014
California tribes -- including Pechanga and San Manuel bands -- reach consensus on online poker issues, but Morongo band remain outliers
- California online poker hearing dares not whisper the name of PokerStars
April 24, 2014
California Assembly holds five-hour online poker hearing at which PokerStars is never mentioned but dominates the conversation.
- PokerStars inks platform tech deal with California’s Morongo Band, card clubs
PokerStars parent company inks online poker platform deal with California's Morongo Band and the state's three largest card clubs.
- California Online Poker Association folds; Nevada guv touts (his) state’s rights
October 25, 2012
California Online Poker Association disbands after exit of two major tribes; Nevada's guv likes Reid/Kyl bill's pro-states' rights stance
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Nevada casinos see profit surge, first female gaming board chair
January 15, 2018
Las Vegas casino strike talks going down to the wire
May 31, 2018