Tag Archives: money laundering
- BCLC’s lax reporting standards; OLG’s operator/regulator status challenged
23 February 2012
British Columbia Lottery Corp. accused of sloppy financial reporting; MP says Ontario Lottery and Gaming should stop acting as an operator
- BC government cracks down on cash transactions at casinos
24 August 2011
In an effort to combat money laundering, the BC government plans to discourage cash transactions in the province's casinos.
- US pushes for tougher money laundering standards, but is anyone listening?
30 March 2011
The US proposes toughening international standards to combat money laundering and terrorist financing, but it may not find a receptive audience.
- US plays down Macau money laundering claims; Taiwan casino referendum
23 March 2011
The US Consul General for Hong Kong backtracks on Macau money laundering claims; Wynn Macau doubles profit in 2010; Taiwan to hold casino referendum, casino business news.
- Galaxy Macau to open while US State Dept. frets about junket operators
9 March 2011
Galaxy Entertainment to announce opening date of Galaxy Macau resort - casino business; US Dept. of State releases report calling for extra scrutiny of Macau junkets.
- BC gaming funds marked for charity diverted into private hands
10 January 2011
British Columbia Lottery Corporation fiascos are proof that Vancouver tabloid hack David Baines doesn't know what he's talking about.
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
21 January 2018
Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
16 October 2017