Tag Archives: money laundering
- Japanese regulators lower casino chip exchange reporting requirements
March 23, 2018
Japan is now joining the fight against money laundering, and recently ordered changes in reporting guidelines at casinos in the country.
- Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018
A report into Bitcoin money laundering either chose to ignore or remains ignorant of gambling's role as an early adopter of cryptocurrency.
- Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
A recently uncovered audit claims British Columbia casinos are allowing Chinese VIPs to 'refine' dirty money through gambling activity.
- BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
The former government of British Columbia is being slammed for burying a report alleging rampant money laundering at provincial casinos.
- Macau, Hong Kong and Beijing to boost anti-money laundering fight
May 30, 2017
Financial authorities in Macau, Hong Kong and Beijing vow to up their game in the fight against money laundering and other financial shenanigans.
- Philippine AML rules remain sketchy despite 2016 heist, US says
March 8, 2017
The incident has prompted calls for changes such as the inclusion of casinos in the country’s AML Act, although progress has yet to be seen.
Okada Manila eyes Philippine backdoor listing
May 2, 2017