Tag Archives: money laundering
- Audit: BC casinos allow Chinese VIPs to ‘refine’ dirty money
October 16, 2017
A recently uncovered audit claims British Columbia casinos are allowing Chinese VIPs to 'refine' dirty money through gambling activity.
- BC gov’t accused of burying casino money laundering report
September 22, 2017
The former government of British Columbia is being slammed for burying a report alleging rampant money laundering at provincial casinos.
- Macau, Hong Kong and Beijing to boost anti-money laundering fight
May 30, 2017
Financial authorities in Macau, Hong Kong and Beijing vow to up their game in the fight against money laundering and other financial shenanigans.
- Philippine AML rules remain sketchy despite 2016 heist, US says
March 8, 2017
The incident has prompted calls for changes such as the inclusion of casinos in the country’s AML Act, although progress has yet to be seen.
- DOJ schools Saipan regulators on anti-money laundering rules
February 9, 2017
US Department of Justice officials holding weeklong training session for Saipan gaming regulators on anti-money laundering compliance.
- Suspected money launderer gambled $855m at Crown Melbourne
September 16, 2016
A Chinese-Australian high-roller suspected of money laundering gambled over $855m at Crown Melbourne casino.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016