Tag Archives: Michigan
- Online gaming in Michigan? Not if Governor Whitmer gets her way
June 26, 2019
There have already been indications that the new governor, Gretchen Whitmer would oppose an online gaming bill, and she is now reiterating her stance.
- Michigan regulators approve Greektown sale to Penn
May 23, 2019
The Michigan Gaming Control Board has authorized the sale of The Greektown Casino in Detroit, Michigan to Penn National and VICI Properties.
- One step forward, two steps back for online gaming in Michigan
May 6, 2019
Despite approval from lawmakers, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer is ready with her “Rejected” stamp for any online gambling bill that might come across her desk.
- Michigan takes another stab at online gambling
March 13, 2019
Michigan lawmakers are trying again to introduce online poker and other casino games and are hoping the new governor will be more receptive.
- Despite recent DOJ opinion, states forge ahead with sports gambling
January 15, 2019
The DOJ issued its opinion that the Wire Act covers all online gambling, but several states are still pushing with legislation to offer their residents.
- Detroit’s three casinos set new revenue record in 2018
January 8, 2019
Detroit's three commercial casino operators report revenue of $1.44b in 2018, beating the previous high-water mark of $1.42b set in 2011.
Michigan gaming regulator says fantasy sports are illegal
September 2, 2015
Detroit casinos set all-time gaming revenue record in March
April 13, 2018
Michigan guv vetoes online gambling legislation
December 30, 2018
Detroit casinos eke out modest revenue gains in 2017
January 10, 2018
Detroit casino revenue rose 3.9% in Q2 2018
July 12, 2018