Tag Archives: Michigan
- Michigan takes another stab at online gambling
March 13, 2019
Michigan lawmakers are trying again to introduce online poker and other casino games and are hoping the new governor will be more receptive.
- Despite recent DOJ opinion, states forge ahead with sports gambling
January 15, 2019
The DOJ issued its opinion that the Wire Act covers all online gambling, but several states are still pushing with legislation to offer their residents.
- Detroit’s three casinos set new revenue record in 2018
January 8, 2019
Detroit's three commercial casino operators report revenue of $1.44b in 2018, beating the previous high-water mark of $1.42b set in 2011.
- Michigan guv vetoes online gambling legislation
December 30, 2018
Michigan’s governor has vetoed the online gambling bill the state’s legislature approved just days before Christmas.
- Michigan legislators send online gambling bill to governor’s desk
December 21, 2018
Michigan's legislature approves online gambling legislation on final day of session, sends bill to Gov. Rick Snyder's desk for signing into law.
- Detroit casino carjackers rumbled after string of VIP robberies
June 21, 2018
Detroit police arrest trio of gang members who targeted casino high-rollers by following them to their cars, then carjacking them on the freeway.
Michigan gaming regulator says fantasy sports are illegal
September 2, 2015
Detroit casinos set all-time gaming revenue record in March
April 13, 2018
Detroit casinos eke out modest revenue gains in 2017
January 10, 2018
Detroit casino revenue rose 3.9% in Q2 2018
July 12, 2018
Detroit’s MotorCity Casino sets new US bad beat jackpot record
January 18, 2018