Tag Archives: michael shipp
- Weekly Poll – Will another league commissioner come out in support of sports betting before the Super Bowl?
November 28, 2014
"Out of the underground and into the sunlight"—the direction of sports betting according to NBA Commissioner Adam Silver in his op-ed.
- New Jersey’s sports betting plans go down to defeat… again
November 22, 2014
Federal judge Michael Shipp rejects New Jersey's latest attempt to offer legal sports betting, setting up another Third Circuit appeal.
- New Jersey sports betting on hold as judge grants temporary restraining order
October 24, 2014
Federal Judge grant temporary restraining order blocking New Jersey's Monmouth Park racetrack from offering sports betting this Sunday.
- New Jersey to learn by Friday whether sports bets are go at Monmouth Park
October 21, 2014
Federal court judge likely to rule Friday on whether legal sports betting can commence at New Jersey's Monmouth Park this Sunday.
- Monmouth Park forms association to regulate New Jersey sports betting
October 9, 2014
Monmouth Park racetrack launch The Independent Sports Wagering Association, a self-regulating body of New Jersey sports betting operators.
- New Jersey sports betting case gets Halloween date for oral arguments
October 4, 2014
Federal judge sets Halloween date for oral arguments in New Jersey's latest bid to bring legal sports betting to casinos and racetracks.
Charges dropped against Calvin Ayre, Bodog and friends
July 14, 2017
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017