Tag Archives: Michael A. Brown
- Curses fly as DC repeals online gambling law; Senate Indian Affairs panel set
February 8, 2012
District of Columbia Council votes to repeal online gambling law; panelists named for Senate Indian Affairs Committee online poker hearing
- District of Columbia poised to repeal online gambling law
February 2, 2012
District of Columbia Council committee approves a bill to repeal DC's online gambling law; full Council to vote on repeal next week
- Lawmakers threaten lawsuits at DC Council hearing into iGamingDC plans
January 27, 2012
District of Columbia Council's latest hearing into the DC Lottery's online gambling plans turns nasty, multiple threats of lawsuits.
- Inspector General: ‘No evidence’ DC Council broke law passing online gambling
January 22, 2012
The District of Columbia's Inspector General clears DC Council members of wrongdoing in the approval on online gambling legislation.
- Attorney General says DC’s online gambling plan legal; what would Osama think?
June 30, 2011
The District of Columbia's online gambling proposal does not fall afoul of federal law, according to DC's Attorney General Irvin Nathan.
- District of Columbia online poker network to be low-stakes, fish-friendly
June 29, 2011
With a hearing on their online intrastate gambling network scheduled for Wednesday, DC Lottery officials offer up details on rollout dates and deposit limits.
District of Columbia plows ahead with Intralot betting giveaway
January 29, 2019
Washington DC wants a piece of the US sports betting action
September 20, 2018
DC, Illinois take betting testimony, New Mexico takes actual wagers
October 18, 2018
Washington, D.C. puts the brakes on sports gambling, for now
January 9, 2019