Tag Archives: mexico
- Study: Mexico’s online gamblers as rare as unicorns
October 30, 2018
A new survey claims that just 0.8% of Mexicans admit to having an account with an online gambling site, while just 21% gamble in any form.
- Mexican casino bomb threats made by angry husbands
September 4, 2018
The governor of the Mexican state of Nuevo León says a recent spate of casino bomb threats was likely made by husbands angry that their wives were gambling.
- Mexico’s PlayCity gaming operations back on the block
August 13, 2018
Mexican conglomerate Televisa is reportedly looking to sell its PlayCity casino and betting operations for $300m within the next three months.
- Playtech’s sports betting arm signs deal to expand into Mexico
July 23, 2018
Playtech has signed a deal with Corporación Caliente, to install a number of self-service betting terminals (SSBT) at a variety of locations around Mexico.
- World Cup round-up: Sweden and Mexico go through; Germany rock bottom
June 29, 2018
World Cup update: Sweden and Mexico emerge from Group F as Germany lose to South Korea to exit in the group stages for the first time since 1938.
- Blackstone Group eyes Mexico’s PlayCity gambling business
May 8, 2018
Blackstone Group hedge fund reportedly among 14 prospective suitors looking to acquire the PlayCity Casinos business from Mexico's Televisa.
Mexico’s new gambling law unlikely to be approved by 2018
February 22, 2017
Spanish gaming giant Cirsa sold to Blackstone Group
April 29, 2018
Codere picks Evolution Gaming for Mexican live online casino
March 21, 2017