Tag Archives: media corp
- Media Corp rebrands as Inta plc and plans for the New Year
December 12, 2012
Media Corp has issued its latest trading update with the next quarter set for a transition that will see the firm renamed Inta plc as well as the launch of two new products. For the duration of Q1 2013 the group will be focusing on a number of different points...
- Paddy thanks the koalas for Q3 help; Media Corp top job vacant; GTECH G2 dances the Macarena
November 16, 2012
Paddy Power posted strong online numbers for the third quarter of 2012 as even they stopped and said streeewth after seeing their Aussie numbers. The company saw group net revenue rise 23 percent with PaddyPower.com recording a 21 percent rise in net revenue. Australian online turnover tipped the scales with...
- Purple Lounge liquidator appointed; Bet-At-Home challenges Belgian blacklist
July 11, 2012
Accountants Baker Tilly UK have been tapped to oversee the liquidation of failed online gambling outfit Purple Lounge. The former Entraction skin went dark April 24, leaving players unable to access their deposits. This was followed a month later by parent company Media Corp’s announcement that the gambling site was...
- Betfair sponsoring darts; WBX relaunch affiliate program; Media Corp re-purchase assets
July 5, 2012
Betfair has signed a deal to become the title sponsor of the World Matchplay darts. Taking place at the Winter Gardens in Blackpool from July 21-29, it pits the world’s top 16 players against 16 qualifiers from the ProTour Order of Merit in a round robin format. It’s the first...
- Purple Lounge shutdown taints Media Corp, Malta LGA and rakeback poker sites
May 24, 2012
Purple Lounge (PL), the online gambling offshoot of publicly-traded UK firm Media Corp, has been offline since April 24, when Media Corp “temporarily suspended” its struggling gaming division’s activities. The shutdown followed a gathering swell of complaints from players over the inability to withdraw their funds, during which players received...
- Paddy ad complaints upheld; Media Corp make acquisition as chairman departs; Perform expands data service
May 16, 2012
Paddy Power has seen 92 complaints against their advert upheld by the Advertising Standards Authority. The bookmaker’s advert “poked fun” at transgender females ahead of March’s Cheltenham Festival and as a result there was an outpouring of disgust from a number of different complainants. The two issues they were unhappy...