Tag Archives: matsu islands
- Taiwan legislators vote to block casinos on the mainland
5 January 2014
A Taiwanese legislative committee has approved a plan to restrict casino development to the country's outlying island regions.
- Taiwan delays casino legislation debate as Matsu residents rally for survival
5 December 2013
Taiwan postpones casino debate as politicians demand more time to study issue; Matsu residents say casinos are necessary for survival
- Taiwan considers allowing casino near Taipei airport
1 December 2013
Taiwan to hold public hearing on legislative proposal to allow casino development in Taoyuan Aerotropolis project near Taipei airport.
- Taiwan cabinet approves draft legislation on Matsu island casinos
3 May 2013
Taiwan's cabinet approves draft casino legislation, clearing the way for a vote by the full legislature on proposed Matsu island casinos.
- Taiwan considers mainland casinos, rejects 20% casino winnings tax
19 April 2013
Taiwan legislators reject 20% casino winnings tax, consider allowing casinos inside free economic zones
- Taiwan proposes 13% gross gaming revenue tax for casinos
5 April 2013
Taiwanese legislators have reportedly settled on a 13% GGR tax on its proposed casino developments.