Tag Archives: mass market
- Macau’s June swoon down to absent VIP gamblers; SJM regains market share crown
July 2, 2014
Macau's once-in-four-years gaming revenue decline blamed on absent VIP gamblers; SJM Holdings regains market share crown.
- SJM Holdings revenue up, market share down; legacy of Lisboa’s filthy carpets
May 14, 2014
Casino operator SJM Holdings revenue up but market share down as rivals make mass market gains; the saga of Casino Lisboa's filthy carpets.
- Macau casino gaming revenue up 20% in Q1 on mass market surge
April 16, 2014
Macau's mass market baccarat revenue jumps 42% in Q1, helping to push overall gaming revenue up 20% in the first three months of 2014.
- VIPs, mass market, slots and electronic table games: everything’s up in Macau
January 19, 2014
Macau's VIP gaming segment rises 13% in 2013, mass market up 35% and slots up 9%; hybrid electronic table game revenue difficult to quantify
- Macau casinos shatter old revenue record with $4.57b haul in October
November 1, 2013
Macau casinos earn record $4.57b in October, shattering previous record of $3.92b; Sands Cotai Central sets torrid profitability pace.
- Mass-market continues to drive Macau’s Q3 revenues
October 17, 2013
For all the love mass-market baccarat is receiving, and deservedly so, it's also important to give some serious dap to the VIP market.
8 Chinese Gambling Superstitions
March 12, 2014
Macau units lift Wynn Resorts Q2 net revenues
July 26, 2017
Stephen Hung abandons floundering Macau hotel project
January 31, 2018
Hong Kong, Macau now joined by ‘bridge of death’
April 2, 2018
Typhoon Hato delays MGM Cotai opening until January 29
September 29, 2017