Tag Archives: Mark Karpeles
- Japan wants to treat bitcoins like real money
February 24, 2016
Regulators in Japan have a new proposal: to treat digital currencies as methods of payment, or like the Japanese currency.
- Russia sings praises for blockchain, but not for bitcoin
December 1, 2015
In most cases, bitcoin and the blockchain technology go hand in hand. This partnership is accepted globally, but apparently, not in Russia.
- Tokyo cops: Mark Karpeles spent missing Mt. Gox funds on prostitutes
October 29, 2015
Mark Karpeles is facing fresh embezzlement charges after authorities revealed a portion of Mt. Gox’s missing funds was spent on a good bang.
- US regulator: Bitcoin officially a commodity
September 18, 2015
Bitcoin is a commodity, just like oil and corn, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) announced.
- Mt. Gox ex-CEO charged with embezzlement
September 14, 2015
The former chief executive of Mt. Gox Mark Karpeles bitcoin exchange is in deep legal trouble.
- Japan mulls regulating virtual currency
August 6, 2015
Japanese government plans to regulate trading of bitcoins amid the investigation of Tokyo-based bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017