Tag Archives: Mark Karpeles
- Japan wants to treat bitcoins like real money
24 February 2016
Regulators in Japan have a new proposal: to treat digital currencies as methods of payment, or like the Japanese currency.
- Russia sings praises for blockchain, but not for bitcoin
1 December 2015
In most cases, bitcoin and the blockchain technology go hand in hand. This partnership is accepted globally, but apparently, not in Russia.
- Tokyo cops: Mark Karpeles spent missing Mt. Gox funds on prostitutes
29 October 2015
Mark Karpeles is facing fresh embezzlement charges after authorities revealed a portion of Mt. Gox’s missing funds was spent on a good bang.
- US regulator: Bitcoin officially a commodity
18 September 2015
Bitcoin is a commodity, just like oil and corn, the U.S. Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC) announced.
- Mt. Gox ex-CEO charged with embezzlement
14 September 2015
The former chief executive of Mt. Gox Mark Karpeles bitcoin exchange is in deep legal trouble.
- Japan mulls regulating virtual currency
6 August 2015
Japanese government plans to regulate trading of bitcoins amid the investigation of Tokyo-based bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
31 March 2017
CalvinAyre.com acquires CoinGeek.com
21 August 2017