Tag Archives: Mark Karpeles
- Ex-CEO pleads not guilty to embezzling Mt. Gox bitcoin, cash funds
11 July 2017
Karpeles has denied the embezzlement charges against him in connection with the disappearance of millions of dollars’ worth of virtual currency and cash.
- Mt. Gox ex-CEO pays close to $100K in bail to walk out of Tokyo jail
18 July 2016
After spending close to 10 months in a Japanese jail, Mark Karpeles is finally out.
- Phishing vultures picking off Mt. Gox victims
9 June 2016
Mt. Gox investors, who thought losing their bitcoins to Mark Karpeles was bad enough, were in for a rude awakening.
- Diet approves bill regulating bitcoin exchanges in Japan
26 May 2016
This was after the Japanese Diet enacted a bill on Wednesday that mandates the government’s FSA to regulate virtual currency exchanges.
- Security concerns forces Mt. Gox trustee to hold off release of bitcoin addresses
13 May 2016
The court-assigned trustee of the defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox is putting off the release of the list of bitcoin addresses.
- Japanese bank faces US lawsuit over Mt. Gox bitcoin losses
16 March 2016
Customers in the United States of the now-defunct Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange can finally go after Mizuho bank.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
31 March 2017
CalvinAyre.com acquires CoinGeek.com
21 August 2017