Tag Archives: Mark Karpeles
- Ex-CEO pleads not guilty to embezzling Mt. Gox bitcoin, cash funds
July 11, 2017
Karpeles has denied the embezzlement charges against him in connection with the disappearance of millions of dollars’ worth of virtual currency and cash.
- Mt. Gox ex-CEO pays close to $100K in bail to walk out of Tokyo jail
July 18, 2016
After spending close to 10 months in a Japanese jail, Mark Karpeles is finally out.
- Phishing vultures picking off Mt. Gox victims
June 9, 2016
Mt. Gox investors, who thought losing their bitcoins to Mark Karpeles was bad enough, were in for a rude awakening.
- Diet approves bill regulating bitcoin exchanges in Japan
May 26, 2016
This was after the Japanese Diet enacted a bill on Wednesday that mandates the government’s FSA to regulate virtual currency exchanges.
- Security concerns forces Mt. Gox trustee to hold off release of bitcoin addresses
May 13, 2016
The court-assigned trustee of the defunct bitcoin exchange Mt. Gox is putting off the release of the list of bitcoin addresses.
- Japanese bank faces US lawsuit over Mt. Gox bitcoin losses
March 16, 2016
Customers in the United States of the now-defunct Mt. Gox bitcoin exchange can finally go after Mizuho bank.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017