Tag Archives: marijuana
- Nevada casinos warned over reefer-mad gamblers
April 25, 2018
Nevada Gaming Commission amends its policies to ensure casinos don't allow customers who are "visibly intoxicated" by marijuana to gamble or drink alcohol.
- Nevada casinos set sportsbook record, seek marijuana clarity
November 30, 2017
Nevada casinos report flat gaming revenue following mass shooting on Vegas Strip; casinos seek clarity on relationships with legal marijuana industry.
- US casino lobby seeks feds’ clarification on marijuana money
August 3, 2017
The American Gaming Association asks the federal government to clarify its stance on casinos accepting wagers made with marijuana-related money.
- DOJ threatens marijuana states; are online gambling states next?
February 24, 2017
White House signals that it will unleash the Department of Justice against states that have legalized recreational marijuana, so is online gambling next?
- Adelson rails against reefer as Sands’ former VIP/alleged meth dealer extradited
October 19, 2016
Sheldon Adelson cuts seven-figure checks to fight marijuana legalization while Las Vegas Sands' former VIP/alleged meth boss is extradited.
- The Economic Impacts of Cannabis Related Legal Decisions in Canada and the Snoop Doggization of the Marijuana Industry – Views From The 6
April 9, 2016
This article will attempt to highlight the significance of legal decisions on the economics of the marijuana space using Allard decision.