Tag Archives: Maine
- Sports betting bills coming soon in Maine
January 16, 2019
Maine is looking to join the sports betting bandwagon. The state legislature will consider several bills that would sanction and regulate the activity.
- Maine man gets 15 months for illegal gambling operation
January 9, 2019
The U.S. District Court in Portland, Maine sentenced a 62-year-old man to prison for running a multimillion-dollar gambling operation.
- Maine’s biggest ever illegal bookmaker cops a plea
May 25, 2018
Stephen Mardigan, who ran what the authorities call the largest illegal betting operation ever conducted in the state of Maine, cops a plea.
- Maine legalizes daily fantasy sports
August 3, 2017
Maine has officially joined fourteen other states in regulating daily fantasy sports (DFS) after its governor sat on the bill for a month.
- Maine, Tennessee lotteries hit revenue jackpots
September 7, 2016
Lotteries in the states of Maine and Tennessee continue to hit revenue jackpots.
- Maine’s attraction to daily fantasy sports (DFS) prompts a closer look on legalization
August 15, 2016
The popularity of daily sports fantasy in Maine is now making the heads of state legislators turn.
Just 1.3% of daily fantasy sports players earn 91% of player profits
September 4, 2015
Michigan gaming regulator says fantasy sports are illegal
September 2, 2015
DraftKings moving to bigger HQ, hiring hundreds more staff
January 12, 2018
Why the DraftKings & FanDuel merger may not go ahead
March 24, 2017