Tag Archives: louisiana
- Louisiana gov gets behind sports gambling
January 9, 2019
Louisiana could soon legalized sports gambling if the state’s governor has his way. Gov. John Bel Edwards has publicly given his support for the activity.
- Penn National completes Louisiana casino purchase
January 4, 2019
Penn National Gaming has completed its $115-million acquisition of the Margaritaville Resort Casino in Bossier City, Louisiana.
- Mississippi casinos watch sports betting rise, revenue tumble
November 21, 2018
Mississippi casinos see their sports betting handle rise slightly in October, while betting revenue tumbles more than three-quarters from September.
- Arkansas, Louisiana okay new gambling options; Florida votes no
November 7, 2018
Florida voters approve constitutional amendment requiring referendum on future gambling expansion; Arkansas okays new casinos, sports betting.
- Sports betting debate continues as Louisiana plays catch-up with Mississippi
August 7, 2018
Gambling proponents in Louisiana are scrambling to gather support for the legalization of sports betting in the state.
- Penn National Gaming buys Louisiana’s Margaritaville casino
June 19, 2018
Regional casino operator Penn National Gaming to pay $115m for Louisiana's Margaritaville Resort Casino; VICI Properties to buy land underneath casino.
Penn National Gaming, Pinnacle Entertainment merger rumors
October 6, 2017
Penn National Gaming posts record revenue, earnings miss
February 12, 2018
Penn, Pinnacle and Boyd in US regional casino three-way deal
December 18, 2017
Penn National given go-ahead by regulators to acquire Pinnacle
August 31, 2018