Tag Archives: Lottery
- New Hampshire could sue the US over Wire Act
February 13, 2019
As the U.S. gambling industry still reacts to the Wire Act, many jurisdictions in the space are already looking to stop the DOJ in its tracks.
- Ireland’s lottery retailers fail underage mystery shopper test
January 25, 2019
A 'mystery shopper' test of Irish National Lottery retailers found that 37% of them agreed to sell scratch cards to customers as young as 15.
- India’s GST Council to consider adjusting lottery tax rates
January 18, 2019
Lotteries in India are always a sensitive subject. Going back a number of years, there have been conflicts over sales, revenue and non-payment of taxes.
- India GST council to reconsider 28% rate on private lotteries
January 4, 2019
The Indian GST council will meet on January 10th to consider reducing the current Goods and Services Tax on lotteries.
- Why Cayman Islands move on illegal gambling doesn’t address the real issue
November 2, 2018
Cayman Islands government recent crack down on illegal gambling posed more challenges, believes that the move will not address the actual problem.
- No deal on lottery tax exemptions, Calcutta High Court says
October 25, 2018
The Calcutta High Court has shot down an attempt who argued that lotteries should be exempt from the Goods and Service Tax, according to reports.
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
March 28, 2018
Goa casino that ran aground relaunching on different ship
December 22, 2017
Goa’s newest floating casino runs aground on local beach
July 16, 2017