Tag Archives: loot boxes
- Australia publishes safety guidelines on the dangers of loot boxes
13 March 2018
The Australian government wants to make sure everyone knows that loot boxes are considered to be a form of gambling.
- Sweden moves to classify loot boxes as gambling
9 February 2018
Video game loot boxes may be restricted in Sweden as early as January 2019 if a legislation seeking to classify it as gambling becomes a law.
- German authorities mull ban on video game loot boxes
7 February 2018
German authorities have joined the chorus of critics calling for the regulation of video game loot boxes after research found it to have gambling elements.
- ‘Predatory’ video game loot boxes catch US lawmaker’s ire
24 January 2018
A Washington State lawmaker has opened an inquiry whether loot boxes should be considered as gambling.
- Loot box gambling issue reaches Australian shores
23 November 2017
The issue of loot box gambling, which continues to spread like wild fire, has finally reached the land down under.
- Belgium Minister of Justice: Loot boxes are Gambling
22 November 2017
Star Wars Battlefront II may soon be banned in Belgium after the state regulator declared that the controversial loot box in the game is a form of gambling.
Sweden moves to classify loot boxes as gambling
9 February 2018
Electronic Arts caves, releases FIFA 19 loot box odds
4 October 2018
Electronic Arts being investigated in Belgium over loot boxes
13 September 2018
Regulatory avengers assemble to fight skin betting, loot boxes
18 September 2018