Tag Archives: loot boxes
- Irish regulators say loot boxes aren’t a form of gambling
2 October 2018
David Stanton has said the GREF declaration “does not have legal effect” but reflected concern from gambling authorities about the impact of online gaming.
- Regulatory avengers assemble to fight skin betting, loot boxes
18 September 2018
European gaming regulators issue joint letter putting skin betting and loot boxes on notice; Aussie committee says loot boxes are 'gateway to gambling.'
- Electronic Arts being investigated in Belgium over loot boxes
13 September 2018
Belgian authorities are reportedly considering prosecuting EA over its decision not to prohibit loot box transactions its most popular games, FIFA 18.
- Legal definition saves loot boxes from gambling classification in France
5 July 2018
Loot boxes in video games may look like a form of gambling but, legally speaking, they're not, according to French gaming regulator ARJEL.
- EA protests gambling regulators red card on FIFA 18 loot boxes
10 May 2018
EA has received yet another red card from European gambling regulators due to the loot boxes in its popular football video game FIFA 18.
- Belgium latest to rule video game loot boxes are illegal gambling
25 April 2018
The Belgian Gaming Commission rules that paid 'loot boxes' in video games are illegal games of chance under Belgian gambling laws.
Online gambling claims one-third of Belgium’s 2015 market revenue
7 September 2017
Belgium’s restrictive new online gambling rules close to reality
16 January 2018
Sweden moves to classify loot boxes as gambling
9 February 2018
Electronic Arts caves, releases FIFA 19 loot box odds
4 October 2018