Tag Archives: loot boxes
- Nintendo withdraws support for 2 games in Belgium over loot boxes
22 May 2019
Nintendo, always the good guy of video gaming, has done the right thing by withdrawing loot boxes from Belgium.
- Sweden wades into the loot box legality debate
15 May 2019
There is a global divide on how the video game offerings are viewed and some countries have already decided that they should be classified as gambling.
- Loot boxes loses few points in gambling debate
9 May 2019
The debate over whether or not loot boxes are a type of gambling just saw the scales tip in favor of gambling.
- Electronic Arts hoist white flag in war over Belgian loot boxes
30 January 2019
Electronic Arts agrees to remove controversial 'loot boxes' from its Belgian version of FIFA video game to comply with local gambling laws.
- The Mouthpiece: Gambling law, new formats and ‘loot boxes’
17 October 2018
There have been complaints against the sites that allow skins as a form of currency—but not against loot boxes. Why is a total ban needed all of a sudden?
- Electronic Arts caves, releases FIFA 19 loot box odds
4 October 2018
Electronic Arts has announced that its latest version of the popular soccer game, FIFA 19, will include information for the loot box odds.
Sweden moves to classify loot boxes as gambling
9 February 2018
Electronic Arts caves, releases FIFA 19 loot box odds
4 October 2018
Electronic Arts being investigated in Belgium over loot boxes
13 September 2018
Regulatory avengers assemble to fight skin betting, loot boxes
18 September 2018