Tag Archives: loot boxes
- UK youth survey finds video game loot boxes are gambling gateway
23 October 2019
UK's 2019 Young People and Gambling report shows overall decline in youth gambling but video game loot boxes are shown to presage real-money gambling.
- England’s children commissioner wants loot box regulation
22 October 2019
Another voice in the U.K. is calling on stricter regulations of the video game gambling mechanic.
- The video game industry caves, will list loot box odds
12 August 2019
The video game industry is giving in to pressure from lawmakers and is going to essentially declare that loot boxes are gambling.
- UKGC really wants to crack down on video game gambling
23 July 2019
The UK’s gambling regulator really would like to investigate gambling in the gaming sector, but can’t do much with current laws.
- UK Minister of Parliament: Loot boxes aren’t gambling
3 July 2019
Several countries believe that the prize boxes are a form of gambling while others don't, but a member of parliament in the UK asserted that loot boxes are emphatically not a form of gambling.
- EA exec says loot boxes in video games no worse than Kinder Eggs
20 June 2019
A senior VP for video game publisher Electronic Arts tells UK MPs that loot boxes are "quite ethical" and not that different from Kinder Eggs.
Sweden moves to classify loot boxes as gambling
9 February 2018
Electronic Arts caves, releases FIFA 19 loot box odds
4 October 2018
Electronic Arts being investigated in Belgium over loot boxes
13 September 2018
Regulatory avengers assemble to fight skin betting, loot boxes
18 September 2018