Tag Archives: London Capital Group
- LCG receives three bids; Sky Bingo releases iOS app; IGT partners with iSoftBet; Paddy Power going to Vegas; Betgenius appoint new trading director
February 13, 2013
Financial and spread betting firm London Capital Group have received three “preliminary approaches” that would see them relinquish control of the entire business. The firm reports that Cantor Fitzgerald Europe, GAIN Capital Holdings and City Index Limited have expressed their desire to acquire the whole business – although LCG did...
- EUROPE: Sweden; Stan James; LCG/BetVictor; Skrill; Cashpoint
January 14, 2013
Sweden’s gambling regulator has a new head of communications with Joakim Rönngren joining the Lotteriinspektionen. Rönngren formerly worked for Ladbrokes where he handled the company’s communications in the Nordic region and as such he’s worked in the area since 2003. His role at the Swedish regulator will involve communicating, to...
- Blue Square under “review” at Rank; 888 likely buyer; LCG expects huge revenue drop
January 10, 2013
Rank Group is undertaking a review of its Blue Square Bet arm that continues to cause the firm to lose money. It looks increasingly likely the loss-making sports betting site will eventually be laid to rest as it continues to lose ground on its competitors. Rank’s press release explains that...
- Citigroup says sell Bwin.party; StanleyBet’s profitable 2011; Sportech, LCG H1
August 24, 2012
Just a day after we jokingly depicted PokerStars’ founder Isai 'Highlander' Scheinberg attacking Bwin.party co-CEO Jim Ryan with a katana, financial analysts at Citigroup drew their own knives and started hacking away at Ryan’s company. On Wednesday, Citigroup’s London-based James Ainley issued a ‘sell’ rating on Bwin.party, citing the negative...
- LCG chairman ups and leaves; bet-at-home revenues up as earnings drop; Quickspin applies to AGCC
August 13, 2012
Spread betting firm London Capital Group have reported chairman Richard Davey has departed the firm. A stock market update this morning stated Giles Vardey, a non-executive director, would assume the role of non-executive chairman of the board from August 10. Davey was thanked for his “hard work and efforts” over...
- Ladbrokes teams with ITV Sport; Paddy Power’s Undercover Boss; LCG sinks
July 14, 2012
Ladbrokes has teamed up with broadcaster ITV to allow visitors to the channel’s ITV Sport website to wager on sporting events without leaving the site. The pair-up was soft-launched prior to the Euro 2012 kickoff via a bespoke widget that adjusts on the fly to marry the pages that the...
Ladbrokes Australia fined (again) for inducing gamblers
April 7, 2017
Paddypower: Making Mischief Work
August 23, 2013