Tag Archives: loan sharking
- Macau police’s shark hunting nets 113 arrests
June 29, 2018
Judiciary Police nabbed 113 people accused of taking part in a loan-sharking operation that was targeting gamblers in Macau casinos.
- Philippines finalizing casino loan shark bill as gambler rescued
April 12, 2018
Philippine legislators finalizing bill to punish casino loan sharks as local police rescue Chinese man held hostage over $96k gambling debt.
- Macau casino loan-sharking operation proving tough to kill
July 12, 2017
Macau's Judiciary Police arrests 15 individuals suspected of belonging to a loan-sharking operation the police believed they'd broken up earlier this year.
- Macau police bust loan shark gang that preyed on casino dealers
July 5, 2016
Macau authorities arrest 10 individuals suspected of running a loan sharking operation that primarily targeted casino dealers.
- Loan shark targeting New Zealand casino customers banned from lending
October 5, 2015
An Auckland loan shark who targeted casino gamblers has been fined and banned from lending.
- Loan shark, gambling ring bust lead to eight arrests
June 15, 2015
Eight people have been arrested in New York on charges of operating a large-scale illegal gambling and loan sharking operation.
Resorts World Catskills moves up launch date; del Lago downgrade
January 19, 2018