Tag Archives: loan sharking
- Macau arrests 71 accused of loan sharking out of a VIP room
February 26, 2019
Macau has taken down another big loan shark operation, this time operating out of a casino VIP room.
- Macau police’s shark hunting nets 113 arrests
June 29, 2018
Judiciary Police nabbed 113 people accused of taking part in a loan-sharking operation that was targeting gamblers in Macau casinos.
- Philippines finalizing casino loan shark bill as gambler rescued
April 12, 2018
Philippine legislators finalizing bill to punish casino loan sharks as local police rescue Chinese man held hostage over $96k gambling debt.
- Macau casino loan-sharking operation proving tough to kill
July 12, 2017
Macau's Judiciary Police arrests 15 individuals suspected of belonging to a loan-sharking operation the police believed they'd broken up earlier this year.
- Macau police bust loan shark gang that preyed on casino dealers
July 5, 2016
Macau authorities arrest 10 individuals suspected of running a loan sharking operation that primarily targeted casino dealers.
- Loan shark targeting New Zealand casino customers banned from lending
October 5, 2015
An Auckland loan shark who targeted casino gamblers has been fined and banned from lending.
New Zealand online gambling point of consumption tax looms
March 23, 2017
New Zealand TAB site forced to block Australian bettors
September 14, 2017