Tag Archives: liberal democratic party
- Japan’s IR Implementation Bill could get green light in July
May 30, 2018
The Diet session will end on June 20, but lawmakers are considering an extension to ensure the IR bill is approved during this session.
- Much-awaited Japan casino bill finds its way (finally) to Diet
April 18, 2018
Japan’s ruling LDP and Komeito are set to present the much-awaited Integrated Resorts bill before the Japanese Diet on April 27.
- Japanese legislators agree to 30% casino tax
April 3, 2018
The Liberal Democratic Party and the Komeito Party agreed that casinos would be taxed a flat rate of 30%.
- Ruling party wants 6 Japanese cities to host casino resorts
March 12, 2018
Members of Japan’s ruling coalition party are considering granting the coveted casino licenses to as many as six cities.
- Cagey Komeito spells trouble for Japan’s casino push
August 15, 2017
After enacting the Integrated Resorts (IR) Promotion bill in December, Japanese lawmakers are currently working on the second piece of legislation.
- Japan ruling party’s attempt to get IR bill on calendar blocked—for now
November 16, 2016
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Liberal Democratic Party finally took a crack at getting the stalled IR Promotion bill on the official legislative calendar.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
James Packer folds up Japan integrated resort plans
October 23, 2017