Tag Archives: liberal democratic party
- Cagey Komeito spells trouble for Japan’s casino push
August 15, 2017
After enacting the Integrated Resorts (IR) Promotion bill in December, Japanese lawmakers are currently working on the second piece of legislation.
- Japan ruling party’s attempt to get IR bill on calendar blocked—for now
November 16, 2016
Prime Minister Shinzo Abe’s Liberal Democratic Party finally took a crack at getting the stalled IR Promotion bill on the official legislative calendar.
- Casino legislation back on the table as Japan’s LDP holds outright majority
July 28, 2016
After being left for dead, the prospects of Japan passing a casino legislation is back on the table, with a 50-50 chance of succeeding.
- Japan’s LDP aims to pass casino legislation next year
November 11, 2014
Japan’s ruling Liberal Democratic Party has abandoned its plan to pass the Integrated Resorts (IR) bill during the current Diet session
- Japan’s Lower House to Debate Casino Bill Next Week
June 4, 2014
Japan's casino bill is expected to receive a round of debates in the lower house starting next week.
- Japan’s LDP submits casino bill to parliament, inches closer to legalizing casinos
December 5, 2013
The ruling LDP received support from other groups in submitting the bill, including the Japan Restoration Party and New Komeito.
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
8 Chinese Gambling Superstitions
March 12, 2014
Bitcoin catches attention of American Airlines, AT&T
August 9, 2017
bitFlyer rolls out Visa-powered Bitcoin prepaid card in Japan
October 10, 2017
Weakening Japanese yen could lead to bitcoin price surge
April 25, 2017