Tag Archives: levy
- UK gov’t confirms new 10% race betting levy
January 14, 2017
The UK government confirms that all bookmakers will be required to kick back 10% of race betting revenue to racing effective April 2017.
- Report: UK operators to kick back 10% of online and retail race betting revenue
October 17, 2016
UK gov't reportedly planning to require bookmakers to remit 10% of both online and retail race betting revenue to racing industry.
- UK racing names first Authorized Betting Partners, other bookies remain defiant
December 3, 2015
UK racing names Betfair, Bet365 and 32Red as industry's first official authorized betting partners under controversial new sponsorship plan.
- UK racing forms united front to convince gov’t to impose race betting right
November 6, 2015
UK racing groups form united front to make industry decisions and to lobby gov't with one voice for imposition of race betting right.
- British racing, bookmakers look to government after Levy talks break down
November 3, 2015
Talks break down between UK online bookies and the horseracing industry over the 55th Levy scheme, gov't asked to impose a solution.
- British bookies face racing sponsorship ban unless they contribute to Levy
October 20, 2015
UK's two biggest racecourse groups join British Horseracing Authority's push for sponsorship ban for bookies who don't contribute to Levy.
UK bookmakers prepping GPS-based in-race betting technology
October 6, 2017
Hong Kong Jockey Club faces HKD 1.2b hit from new typhoon
September 1, 2017
Frustrated Fred Done says Betfred is done with UK racing
September 21, 2017
Racing’s in-play opportunity
September 13, 2017
US racing industry expects 10% betting bump from new tax rules
September 28, 2017