Tag Archives: legislature
- Detroit casino revenue down; Maryland judge upholds November ballot, calls lawsuit 'baseless'
January 24, 2013
Detroit casinos saw their collective revenues take a dip in 2012 while a Maryland judge officially dismisses lawsuit against the state's expanded gambling bill
- Genting shifts course on casino plans in South Florida, hinges hopes on legislative cooperation
December 7, 2012
Instead of asking voters in the 2014 elections to let them build the resort casino, Genting has decided to hinge its hopes on the outcome of the state Legislature's planned two-year look at gambling.
- Poll shows citizens of New Jersey opposed to casino gambling expansion
September 25, 2012
According to the Fairleigh Dickinson University PublicMind Poll, 56% of voters surveyed have expressed opposition to putting up casinos in New Jersey beyond Atlantic City. On the flip side, 35% voiced their support to adding casinos.
- Penn National raises MGM International with another $4 million in Maryland gambling campaign
September 14, 2012
Penn National Gaming has raised MGM's recent $3 million in donations with another $4 million of their own in support of defeating the expanded gambling bill
- MGM, Penn National Gaming heat up Maryland casino issue
September 11, 2012
MGM Resorts International and Penn National Gaming have become engaged in a game of one-upmanship after the former put up another $3 million in donations in support of Maryland's expanded gambling ballot
- MGM receiving opposition on “plans” for Maryland expansion
August 16, 2012
The fight to claim the sixth gaming license in Maryland is now on after both the state's House of Delegates and Senate voted to approve new gaming expansion legislation in the state's Prince George's County. Let the bidding begin!
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Typhoon Hato delays MGM Cotai opening until January 29
September 29, 2017
Penn National Gaming, Pinnacle Entertainment merger rumors
October 6, 2017