Tag Archives: legends sports
- Former Legendz Sports CEO Luke King to pay $12.6m fine, no jail
14 May 2017
Federal judge sentences Luke King, CEO of online sportsbook Legendz Sports, to pay $12.6m but no jail time; judge slams DOJ for fudging facts of case.
- Legends Sports’ Luke King found guilty; Macho Sports guilty pleas
2 May 2015
Legends Sports' former CEO Bartice 'Luke' King found guilty of illegal gambling; last three Macho Sports defendants enter guilty pleas.
- Legends Sports’ Philip Gurian sentenced to time served and tongue lashing
16 April 2014
Legends Sports' Philip Gurian fined $100k and sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to money laundering conspiracy.
- Latest illegal sports betting busts, pleas and sentences
2 April 2014
Legends Sports' Michelle Lasso ordered deported; Philly bookie pleads guilty; New York bookie busted; New Jersey sports bet law firm payday.
- Federal judge tells US Attorney Preet Bharara to lighten up on the drama
3 November 2013
A US federal judge rebukes US Attorney Preet Bharara for amping up the drama in press releases; more sports betting guilty pleas
- DA drops illegal betting charges against Mike Colbert; Legends Sports figure fined
1 October 2013
Queens, NY DA dismisses illegal sports betting case against former Cantor Gaming VP Mike Colbert, but sealed court documents hide details.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
15 November 2017