Tag Archives: legends sports
- Former Legendz Sports CEO Luke King to pay $12.6m fine, no jail
May 14, 2017
Federal judge sentences Luke King, CEO of online sportsbook Legendz Sports, to pay $12.6m but no jail time; judge slams DOJ for fudging facts of case.
- Legends Sports’ Luke King found guilty; Macho Sports guilty pleas
May 2, 2015
Legends Sports' former CEO Bartice 'Luke' King found guilty of illegal gambling; last three Macho Sports defendants enter guilty pleas.
- Legends Sports’ Philip Gurian sentenced to time served and tongue lashing
April 16, 2014
Legends Sports' Philip Gurian fined $100k and sentenced to time served after pleading guilty to money laundering conspiracy.
- Latest illegal sports betting busts, pleas and sentences
April 2, 2014
Legends Sports' Michelle Lasso ordered deported; Philly bookie pleads guilty; New York bookie busted; New Jersey sports bet law firm payday.
- Federal judge tells US Attorney Preet Bharara to lighten up on the drama
November 3, 2013
A US federal judge rebukes US Attorney Preet Bharara for amping up the drama in press releases; more sports betting guilty pleas
- DA drops illegal betting charges against Mike Colbert; Legends Sports figure fined
October 1, 2013
Queens, NY DA dismisses illegal sports betting case against former Cantor Gaming VP Mike Colbert, but sealed court documents hide details.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017