Tag Archives: Labour Party
- UK Labour vows live vivisection of gambling CEOs on BBC Four
September 20, 2018
Labour Party lays out gambling platform ahead of annual conference, including credit card ban, mandatory 1% problem gambling levy, and advertising ban.
- Gambling adverts on UK football matches the new outrage du jour
October 23, 2017
Gambling advertising on televised UK football matches are the latest outrage du jour in the ongoing campaign to clip gambling operators' wings.
- Labour Party seeks mandatory levy on betting operators to fund problem gambling treatment
September 26, 2017
The UK Labour Party plans to issue a call for a mandatory levy on gambling operators to fund problem gambling treatment programs.
- UK Labour party pledges to end football gambling sponsorships
September 6, 2017
The UK Labour Party's Tom Watson vows to prohibit gambling companies from sponsoring football clubs if voters return party to power.
- UK bookies push back against Labour’s anti-FOBT manifesto
May 11, 2017
Association of British Bookmakers slams Labour manifesto's call for cutting fixed-odds betting terminal stakes and requiring longer breaks between spins.
- UK Labour party seeks to extend horse betting levy to all sports bets
July 24, 2014
Labour party proposes extending horse betting levy to all sports as well as forcing Premier League clubs to pay 5% levy on broadcast rights.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017