Tag Archives: kerala
- India GST Council wants AG to weigh in on dual tax for lotteries
25 June 2019
India’s Goods and Services Tax (GST) Council was still not able to come together and agree on how lotteries in the country should be taxed.
- Mizoram opposition lambasts minister over lottery scam
27 June 2018
The future of lotteries in India continues to be called into question after MNF accused Lal Thanhawla of being involved in a multi-crore lottery scam.
- Kerala High Court drops the gavel on lottery reporting proposals
18 April 2018
The court struck down a proposal that would have forced state lottery agents and distributors to reveal names of winners.
- Kerala wants central gov’t to ban ‘unambiguously illegal’ Mizoram lotteries
3 August 2017
In a bid to stop the sale of Mizoram lottery tickets, the government of Kerala has written to the Union Home Ministry to ban Mizoram Lotteries in the state.
- ‘Illegal’ sale of Mizoram lotteries in Kerala irks finance chief
31 July 2017
The government of Kerala vows to come down heavily on the “unauthorized” move to sell the Mizoram lottery in the state.
- Kerala moves to stop illegal lottery operations
25 October 2016
The Indian state of Kerala is initiating sweeping reforms to combat illegal lottery operations in the state
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
28 March 2018
Betfair cuts off its Indian customers after public shaming
30 January 2019
Goa casino that ran aground relaunching on different ship
22 December 2017