Tag Archives: julia gillard
- Aussie lawmakers push for $1 maximum pokie bets in new gambling reform plan
July 14, 2016
Australia is dusting off the gambling reform plan that former Prime Minister Julia Gillard has junked six years ago.
- NSW mulls betting logo ban on jerseys, stadium signage and naming rights
May 29, 2013
New South Wales considering ban on betting firm logos on sports jerseys, stadium signage and stadium naming rights.
- Gambling TV ad ban will cost networks loads of money
May 28, 2013
Gillard's demands have forced the country's broadcasters to agree with the plan because opposing it could end up being much worse for them
- Australian PM Gillard to broadcasters: choose between no live odds or no gambling ads at all
May 26, 2013
Australian PM Julia Gillard tells broadcasters to stop airing live odds promotion during sports broadcasts, or no more gambling ads period.
- Welsh headmaster Andrew Wilkie pleads guilty to stealing from school
February 15, 2012
A school headmaster named Andrew Wilkie - no, not the Aussie MP - has pleaded guilty to taking £53k from his school for online gambling
- Aussie gov’t teeters on precipice after revising pokies pre-commitment plan
January 21, 2012
Australia's minority Labour government left vulnerable following Independent MP Andrew Wilkie's defection over pokies pre-commitment plan
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016