Tag Archives: John Monnette
- WSOP Review: Monnette uses the power of love to win his third bracelet
June 14, 2017
John Monnette used the power of love to win his third World Series of Poker gold bracelet after taking down Event #22: $10,000 No-Limit 2-7 Lowball Draw Championship with his wife on the rail, Ralph Perry leads the MILLIONAIRE MAKER, and Maurice Hawkins is doing the same in the Marathon....
- WSOP review: Grumpy wins 8-Game; Hallaert deep run; Monnette ring hunt
Another round-up of news from the World Series of Poker including a bracelet win for Ron "Grumpy" Ware, another deep run from Kenny Hallaert, and John Monnette searching for bracelet #3. I tried. I really did. But I just couldn’t find a photograph of Ron Ware with a smile on...
- WSOP Recap: Sandeep Pulusani Pulls a Rocky, $4.8 Million Reasons to Win the One-Drop and Blair Hinkle Eyeing Up Bracelet Number Two
June 28, 2013
Sandeep Pulusani pulled a Rocky style performance to win Event #44 $3,000 No-Limit Hold’em (NLHE) after overcoming a 8:1 chip deficit in his heads-up brawl against the Scotsman Niall Farrell, to take his first World Series of Poker (WSOP) bracelet and first prize of $592,684. 22-players were in the mix...
- WSOP 2012 champs skew very young and very old; Blom pops WSOP cherry
June 6, 2012
Event #6 at the 2012 World Series of Poker was the $5k NLHE Mixed-Max, the switch-em-up format that made its debut at the 2011 WSOP Europe. The 407-strong field was bested by French-born, Malta-residing Aubin Cazals, who had to win the longest heads-up match in WSOP history – nine hours...
- Elie Payan scores another French WSOP bracelet; John Monnette takes Event 23
June 17, 2011
Just a day after Bertrand ‘ElkY’ Grospellier earned his triple crown, fellow Frenchman Elie Payan has taken the World Series of Poker’s Event #22, the $1,500 Pot Limit Omaha championship. With 1,071 players buying in, the event was the largest PLO field in WSOP history, but the 27-year-old Payan outlasted...
Does poker need the moral police?
July 20, 2017