Tag Archives: Jan Jones
- Top 10 CalvinAyre.com Interviews in 2012
January 1, 2013
10) Jesper Jensen, Samvo Everyone knows that the Asian online gambling market is what’s going to show us the money. However, the Asian way of gambling is not the same as the Western way of gambling, so European operators have a tough time tailoring their products to suit the Asians. ...
- Caesars VP demonizes state lotteries; Catholics, Protestants face off over poker
December 5, 2012
A recent report by Deutsche Bank gaming analyst Andew Zarnett suggested the chances aren’t good for passage of an online poker bill at the US federal level “in this year’s lame duck session and in the foreseeable future,” and thus investors needed to “shift their thinking to what a rollout...
- Jan Jones of Caesars Entertainment talks about US Gaming Regulation and the Asian Market
June 12, 2012
Get the Embed Codes Here Caesars Entertainment exec VP Jan Jones says there’s one incontrovertible fact about gambling legislation. Regardless of whether it involves land-based or online gambling, it’s “just nothing that ever happens easily or quickly.” Domestically, Caesars has been one of the biggest spenders on lobbying US...
- Interview with Jan Jones of Caesars Entertainment
Becky talks to Jan Jones executive VP of Ceasars Entertainment about the potential regulation of online gambling in the US and the collaboration with the land-based casinos.
- Kyl confirms Adelson chat, won’t say what ‘moral opposition’ means for poker bill
December 9, 2011
US Sen. Jon Kyl (R-AZ) has shed a little more light on the conversation he had last week with Sheldon Adelson re the Las Vegas Sands chairman’s ‘moral opposition’ to online gambling. Steve Tetreault of the Las Vegas Review-Journal spoke to Kyl on Thursday, and Kyl confirmed that the conversation...
- AGA president Fahrenkopf claims there’s an online poker buzz in Washington
October 5, 2011
Tuesday was American Gaming Association (AGA) president Frank Fahrenkopf’s moment to shine at the Global Gaming Expo (G2E) in Las Vegas. Fahrenkopf made plain his organization’s intent to press US federal politicians hard to pass online poker legislation this year that favors US land-based casino companies. Fahrenkopf claims he and...
Kangwon Land casino paying problem gamblers to stay away
March 24, 2017
Caesars, Gamblit testing skill-based games in Las Vegas
March 30, 2017
Pats owner’s casino ties expose NFL’s gambling hypocrisy
April 25, 2017
G2E Asia 2017 day 1 recap
May 17, 2017