Tag Archives: IRS
- Bitcoin platform LedgerX secures swap execution facility status in US
July 10, 2017
The U.S. CFTC has granted Google Ventures-backed bitcoin options service LedgerX the status of a swap execution facility (SEF).
- Congress blockchain caucus wants more bitcoin tax guidance from IRS
June 9, 2017
A new group of lawmakers is attempting to get answers from the U.S. Internal Revenue Service on its tax requirements for digital currencies like bitcoin.
- 2 Coinbase customers join battle to stop IRS bitcoin tax summons
May 17, 2017
Coinbase has gained two more supporters in its fight to block the U.S. Internal Revenue Service (IRS) from issuing summons on the bitcoin wallet service.
- Court docs reveal less than 1,000 people report to IRS about bitcoin
March 21, 2017
New documents have emerged in the midst of the closely-watched legal battle between the IRS and digital currency exchange Coinbase
- JP McManus loses battle to claim $5.2M tax refund from US
March 1, 2017
A federal judge in the United States has rejected Irish horseracing figure JP McManus’s bid to recover the $5.22M that he claimed the U.S. government.
- Coinbase court battle vs IRS pushed off to March
February 6, 2017
Bitcoin exchange Coinbase will have to wait a little bit more before it can have its day in court against the U.S. Internal Revenue Service.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017