Tag Archives: Ireland
- Irish National Lottery CEO blames Lottoland for ticket price hikes
30 August 2018
Irish National Lottery CEO calls lottery betting operators like Lottoland 'rogues' for cannibalizing sales, to blame for ticket price hikes.
- Ireland picks up $1.15M from unlicensed gambling machines
7 August 2018
Ireland's tax man has collected over €1 million (US$1.15 million) as a result of a crackdown on casinos that were offering unlicensed gaming machines.
- Ireland president: Gambling and sports don’t mix
1 August 2018
Irish President Michael D. Higgins said he would approve legislation banning gambling advertising at all sporting events in the country.
- Hard Rock set to join Dublin’s landscape
20 July 2018
Hard Rock International (HRI) is looking to build a new venue in Dublin with the help of a local hotel operator.
- New Irish measure forces betting firms to shut problem gamblers accounts
8 May 2018
The Irish government is hatching yet another plan that will tighten the noose on betting operators in the country.
- Gambling TV ads run afoul of Irish broadcasting codes
15 March 2018
According to the Broadcasting Authority of Ireland, there were six cases of ads for betting services for which the content was “deemed to promote gambling.”
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
24 February 2018
Irish court rules all gambling debts are unenforceable
20 March 2017