Tag Archives: Ireland
- Irish youths can easily find gambling options, except online
February 27, 2019
Ireland's latest gambling prevalence survey shows teenagers have little difficulty accessing land-based gambling products but no such luck online.
- Ireland not making progress on Gambling Control Bill
The GCB remains stuck in the mud as lawmakers are still unable to reach a consensus on how to regulate the gambling industry in the country.
- Ireland’s lottery retailers fail underage mystery shopper test
January 25, 2019
A 'mystery shopper' test of Irish National Lottery retailers found that 37% of them agreed to sell scratch cards to customers as young as 15.
- Lottery betting ops slam ‘grossly misleading’ Irish lottery report
December 13, 2018
Lottery betting operators slam report commissioned by Premier Lotteries Ireland that claims these sites are cannibalizing National Lottery sales.
- Ireland’s betting tax hike going ahead as planned January 1
November 28, 2018
Contrary to initial reports, Ireland's Finance Ministry says doubling of betting operators' turnover taxes will go ahead as planned on January 1.
- Ireland’s bookies win a reprieve from betting turnover tax hike
November 23, 2018
Ireland's Minister for Finance pumps brakes on plans to double betting turnover tax until he can review the likely impact on local bookmakers.
Ireland’s top amateur sports body bans all betting sponsorship
February 24, 2018
Irish court rules all gambling debts are unenforceable
March 20, 2017