Tag Archives: IP blocking
- Swedish internet service provider sounds alarm over gambling IP-blocking plans
January 25, 2016
Leading Swedish internet service provider Bahnhof sounds alarm over government plans to IP-block gambling sites not holding Swedish license.
- Russia blocks dozens of international and domestic online gambling domains
October 22, 2015
Russsia's internet watchdog blocks dozens of online gambling domains belonging to both domestic and international operators.
- Quebec shuts doors on international online gambling, opens window for Amaya
March 27, 2015
Quebec to order internet service providers to block international online gambling sites, unless sites obtain waiver from gaming regulator.
- Austria to geo-block international sites as EU seeks to reduce digital barriers
March 26, 2015
Austria to impose IP-blocking of online gambling sites not holding Austrian license; European Commission calls geo-blocking "old fashioned."
- GREAT MOMENTS IN CENSORSHIP: Israel drafts law to IP-block gambling sites
December 28, 2012
Israel's Justice Ministry issues draft law to allow police to order internet service providers to block gambling sites without court order.
- Russian ISPs could have licenses revoked for allowing gambling site access
November 28, 2012
Russia's Supreme Court says internet service providers subject to license revocation for failing to IP-block gambling sites
Russian betting industry icon Oleg Zhuravsky dies suddenly
March 17, 2017
Russia says Bitcoin investing worse than casino gambling
October 17, 2017
Russia blocks Google over online gambling redirect
June 23, 2017
Marathon launch Russian-licensed sports betting site
July 21, 2017