Tag Archives: Iowa
- Californian poker players win forfeiture abuse case in Iowa
December 7, 2016
California poker players has won their civil court case after Iowan State Troopers robbed them of $100,000 in cash during a routine traffic stop in 2013.
- Iowa Senator plans to revive dead fantasy sports betting bill
September 13, 2016
State Senator Jeff Danielson has expressed his intention to once again sponsor a fantasy sports betting bill in the Hawkeye State.
- Iowa Bucks Trend with Gambling Profit Growth
July 12, 2016
Iowa’s commercial gambling industry is bucking the downward revenue trend of other U.S. States as its revenue grew by $21.6M in fiscal 2016.
- Congress to hold hearing on DFS, sports betting and online gambling
April 14, 2016
House of Representatives' subcommittee schedules May 11 hearing into legality of daily fantasy sports, sports betting and online gambling.
- Iowa Lottery boss says online lotteries “socially acceptable:’ Minnesota online lottery has three weeks to live
April 24, 2015
Iowa Lottery boss says online lotteries becoming "socially acceptable;" Minnesota Lottery's online operations have three week to live.
- Iowa, Kansas make moves to pass daily fantasy sports bills; DraftKings partners with WWE
March 19, 2015
Iowa and Kansas advance separate bills describing fantasy sports as a game of skill and thus shouldn't be considered gambling.
Just 1.3% of daily fantasy sports players earn 91% of player profits
September 4, 2015
WWE Owner Vince McMahon to Purchase Newcastle United Football Club?
February 19, 2014
Michigan gaming regulator says fantasy sports are illegal
September 2, 2015