Tag Archives: Iowa
- Nebraska teams up with Iowa to block Ponca Tribe casino
May 31, 2018
The State of Iowa has found an unlikely ally in its quest to block the Ponca Tribe from opening a casino in Carter Lake.
- Iowa sports betting bill draws NBA, MLB ire
February 6, 2018
The National Basketball Association (NBA) and Major League Baseball (MLB) aren’t happy with the latest sports betting measure in Iowa.
- Iowa daily fantasy sports bill sails through House subcommittee
January 26, 2018
A bill seeking to regulate daily fantasy sports (DFS) in Iowa has cleared the first hurdle set by a five-member House subcommittee.
- Tribal casino near Omaha gets greenlight
November 16, 2017
The National Indian Gaming Commission (NIGC) has backed plans of the Ponca Tribe of Nebraska to construct a casino near Omaha.
- FantasyDraft acquire Fantasy Aces; Illinois, Iowa new DFS bills
January 27, 2017
FantasyDraft makes play to become DFS sector's #3 operator by acquiring rival Fantasy Aces; new DFS bills intro'd in Iowa and Illinois.
- Californian poker players win forfeiture abuse case in Iowa
December 7, 2016
California poker players has won their civil court case after Iowan State Troopers robbed them of $100,000 in cash during a routine traffic stop in 2013.
California shelves plan to regulate digital currency industry
August 17, 2016