Tag Archives: Iowa
- Ponca Tribe wins against Nebraska, Iowa in casino dispute
August 16, 2019
Ponca Tribe announced in 2003 that it wanted to build a casino in Carter Lake but was unaware that it was setting the stage for a legal nightmare that would take place in the future.
- Iowa becomes 11th US state to launch legal sports betting
Iowa launched legal sports betting (land-based and mobile) at eight of its casinos at noon on Thursday, becoming 11th state with legal wagering.
- Iowa could have its first sportsbooks next month
July 30, 2019
If gambling regulators in Iowa are satisfied with the framework they’re creating for sportsbooks, Iowa could be ready to see sports wagers as early as sometime next month.
- Betfred inks first US betting deal with Iowa’s Elite Casino Resorts
July 17, 2019
U.K. betting operator Betfred inks its first U.S. online and retail betting partnership with Iowa's Elite Casino Resorts; William Hill seals another Iowa deal.
- Iowa’s bank accounts swell thanks to gambling
May 27, 2019
Iowa's casino industry took in around $1.5 billion last year, marking the best year on record since 2012.
- Iowa guv Kim Reynolds signs sports betting legislation
May 13, 2019
Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds signs her state's betting legislations, making Iowa the third state to approve legal wagering this month.
Atlantic City casinos’ flat October; Borgata building sportsbook
November 15, 2017
Betting odds supplier Don Best warns of malware data breach
February 11, 2019