Tag Archives: Internet Cafe
- California sweepstakes cafes reimagined as alt-currency pachinko parlors
August 13, 2015
California's sweepstakes cafés attempt to dodge the law by using proprietary 'alt' currency Shamrock Coin but police ain't buying it.
- Florida discovers banning internet cafés easier than closing them
April 4, 2014
Florida police raid 24 internet cafés operating despite 2013 law banning their existence; Gov. Scott supports federal online gambling ban.
- The Fate of the Ohio Internet Café Looks Grim
April 20, 2013
Ohio follows the Sunshine (Miami) State by cracking down on the Internet Cafes, that Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine calls ‘mini-casinos.’
- Ohio authorities try to stall internet cafes
January 31, 2011
In gaming news, Ohio government officials are making attempts to stall the proliferation of Internet Cafes across the state.
- Sweepstakes owner a winner in court
October 19, 2010
A jury in Marion County, Florida, found sweepstakes owner Jeaneen Cristante not guilty on the charges brought against her.