Tag Archives: Internal Revenue Service
- Lawyer accuses IRS of pursuing ‘improper’ summons in Coinbase case
January 4, 2017
Jeffrey Berns, LA-based lawyer who attempted to block the U.S. IRS from issuing a “John Doe” summons on bitcoin wallet service Coinbase is back in court.
- IRS refuses to yield in Coinbase case, fires back at bitcoin customer
December 29, 2016
U.S. Internal Revenue Service said No dice for you Coinbase customer. This is in connection with the motion filed by a bitcoin user who sought to and more
- Bitcoin user challenges IRS access to Coinbase accounts
December 15, 2016
Jeffrey Berns went to court last Tuesday to dispute the legitimacy of IRS effort to obtain the identity and full transaction history of Coinbase customer.
- JP McManus won’t give up IRS fight over tax on “serious” backgammon wager
June 3, 2016
Internal Revenue Service continues to reject JP McManus' bid to reclaim $5.2m tax withheld on winnings from "serious" backgammon match.
- Citigroup halts DFS payments in New York; MLB rethinking DraftKings relationship
February 5, 2016
Citigroup won't process daily fantasy sports transactions in New York without legal clarity; MLB rethinking DraftKings relationship.
- Sportsbettingchamp.com founder faces jail time in illegal gambling case
October 2, 2015
Sportsbettingchamp founder was sentenced to 18 months in federal prison for running an illegal gambling operation in Las Vegas.
Indian cricket team banned from visiting casinos in Australia
January 18, 2016
Cyborgs unite: Bio implants paving the way for bitcoin payments
September 14, 2016
Japan considers ending tax on digital currency sales
October 12, 2016