Tag Archives: Interactive Gambling Act
- Australia online gambling law revamp puts PokerStars, PartyPoker on notice
November 10, 2016
Australia introduces new online gambling legislation, which proposes stiff new penalties for operators serving Aussie punters without local license.
- Australian Open in-play betting could speed up IGA review
January 18, 2016
High level of in-play betting on the Australian Open is expected to put pressure on the Australian Goverment to speed up IGA review.
- Victoria seeks protection for its local sports integrity
December 15, 2015
The Victorian gov't is pushing for national regulation of live in-play betting to protect local sports leagues from match fixing.
- Sportsbet urges Australian gov’t to regulate online in-play betting
December 2, 2015
Australian betting operator Sportsbet calls on gov't to legalize online in-play betting to keep Aussie punters from black market.
- Betting ads in TV sports broadcasts safe from Australia gambling law review
September 2, 2015
Australia has reportedly stripped betting advertising from terms of reference of its pending review of 2001 Interactive Gambling Act.
- Australia to review online betting laws
September 1, 2015
Australia to review 2001 Interactive Gambling Act, with everything from in-play betting, advertising and new verticals up for grabs.
CrownBet launches new TV ad, but won’t mention betting
September 26, 2016