Tag Archives: India
- Goa government proposes barring locals from entering casinos
24 November 2015
Local residents could be barred from entering casinos in the Indian state of Goa if the government adopts new regulatory proposal.
- India internet fastest growing, China the least free, Korea full of gambling youth
19 November 2015
India's internet population to surpass US; Syria beats China on internet freedom chart; South Korea net full of online gambling hoodlums.
- India’s Supreme Court upholds state’s right to ban online lotteries
5 November 2015
India's Supreme Court rules that Kerala state government has the right to ban online lottery sales by companies in other states.
- Bombay High Court gives Maharashtra gov’t six months to make casino decision
14 October 2015
The Bombay High Court gives the Maharashtra state government six months to decide whether to implement a 38-year-old law allowing casinos.
- Sikkim prepares to open India’s first ‘online’ betting shops
5 October 2015
Prominent jurist reiterates call for India to legalize sports betting as state of Sikkim preps opening of first 'online' betting shops.
- Mumbai could get casinos after law student uncovers 40-year-old statute
5 September 2015
Bombay High Court order Maharashtra state gov't to clarify its casino plans after law student uncovers 40-year-old law authorizing casinos.
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
28 March 2018
Betfair cuts off its Indian customers after public shaming
30 January 2019
Goa casino that ran aground relaunching on different ship
22 December 2017