Tag Archives: India
- India GST council to reconsider 28% rate on private lotteries
January 4, 2019
The Indian GST council will meet on January 10th to consider reducing the current Goods and Services Tax on lotteries.
- Jay Sayta: India’s new regulations bill ensures ‘competitive sports become cleaner’
January 2, 2019
Jay Sayta, founder of Glaws.in recently sat down for an interview on India’s new proposes sports betting regulation, and what it means for India.
- Pocket52 steps up their game, raises new funds
December 29, 2018
Pocket52, an Indian online poker site, is ready to meet growing demand for Poker after completing a new seed funding round.
- Indian MP proposes regulations targeting sports betting, match fixing
December 28, 2018
Dr. Shashi Tharoor has proposed a new bill that would regulate sports betting and protect against match-fixing to address India’s gambling woes.
- Indian government stays noncommittal on gambling legalization moves
December 18, 2018
The Indian government wants a complete ban on gambling, but if unable to enforce the ban, is open to a regulated market.
- Police raid lottery centers for tax evasion
December 17, 2018
Mumbai police raided seven online lottery centers, and arrested 11 people accused of evading payment of the 28% goods and services tax (GST).
Goa casino operators face stiff fee hikes next month
March 28, 2018
Goa casino that ran aground relaunching on different ship
December 22, 2017
Goa’s newest floating casino runs aground on local beach
July 16, 2017
Goa’s beached floating casino finally ready to be rescued
October 13, 2017