Tag Archives: Immigration and Customs Enforcement
- Did Paul Phua expect diplomatic immunity for his sports betting activities?
July 29, 2014
Paul Phua released on bail over illegal sports betting charges; Phua reportedly served as San Marino's ambassador to Montenegro since 2011.
- Homeland Security takes Paul and Darren Phua in custody; poker pros rally behind the two
July 28, 2014
Despite posting bail, Paul Phua and son Darren still in US custody for illegal betting operation in Las Vegas during the 2014 FIFA World Cup
- US Homeland Security issue seizure warrant for Bitcoin-linked payment processor
May 15, 2013
US feds issue seizure warrant for funds linking Iowa-based payment processor Dwolla and the Mt. Gox Bitcoin exchange.
- UK judge approves extradition of TVShack owner Richard O’Dwyer to the US
January 14, 2012
A UK court decides the extradition of Richard O'Dwyer, owner of website TVShack, to the US to face copyright violation charges can prdoceed.
- Hillary Clinton praises internet freedom, but US doesn’t practice what it preaches
December 11, 2011
US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton praises internet freedom in public speeches, but US doesn't always practice it at home.
The year of the domain names continues
October 21, 2010
US election 2016 faces longest odds of presidential candidates
October 31, 2016