Tag Archives: IMF
- Macau poised to overtake Qatar as world wealth capital
August 13, 2018
The gambling mecca of Macau is catching up in gross domestic product (GDP) per capita and may overtake Qatar by 2023, according to IMF.
- IMF lauds Philippines AML casino rules
November 7, 2017
The International Monetary Fund has lauded the Philippines for enacting a law that will stem the flow of illicitly obtained cash in casinos.
- Bitcoin exchange temporarily shuts down amid Venezuela crackdown
February 7, 2017
Venezuela-based bitcoin exchange SurBitcoin has been forced to shutter its operations—albeit temporarily—as crackdown continues.
- IMF backs Macau’s diversification push
November 17, 2016
Multilateral lender International Monetary Fund (IMF) has backed the move of Macau government to diversify its local economy.
- Turning point for bitcoin: IMF forecasts 1,640% inflation for Venezuela
July 21, 2016
It’s a fact that many economies—even the most advanced ones—struggle to lift inflation, but that’s nothing compared to what Venezuela.
When we say Bitcoin, we mean Bitcoin Cash
October 17, 2017
Roger Ver bets $1M that Bitcoin Cash will not be ‘short-lived’
September 22, 2017
New Japan law recognizes bitcoin as method of payment
March 31, 2017