Tag Archives: Illinois gambling expansion
- Pat Quinn scales down Illinois gambling expansion
18 October 2011
Illinois Governor Pat Quinn has issued his own scaled down proposal for expanded gambling in the state.
- Gov Quinn on hot seat to sign gambling expansion bill
9 September 2011
Proponents of the Illinois gambling expansion bill have all grown tired of Gov. Quinn’s stalling and are pushing for him to sign the bill.
- Chicago Mayor pressures Governor to sign gambling expansion bill
18 August 2011
Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel and Illinois Gov. Pat Quinn got into a public disagreement over the highly publicized gambling expansion bill.
- Illinois looks to gambling expansion to reduce debt
30 May 2011
Illinois House approved a major expansion of legalized gambling when the House voted 65-50 to approve five new casinos to help tackle the debt and create jobs.
- Legislators plan to push Chicago gambling expansion before smoke clears
27 October 2010
It's common practice for legislators to push through big-ticket items during lame-duck sessions in Illinois, this year it could be gambling expansion.