Tag Archives: illegal online gambling
- 17 Koreans fall as Philippines cracks a whip on illegal online gambling
July 27, 2016
Philippine immigration authorities swooped down an office building in one of Manila’s business district and rounded up 17 South Korean fugitives accused of running an illegal online gambling den. The raid of illegal gambling dens inside units 702 and 905 of One Corporate Center, Pasig City was the first operation...
- Google, Facebook claim ban on illegal gambling sites unworkable
December 3, 2015
Neither blocking sites nor their financial transactions would stem the flow of illegal online gambling operators in Australia. That was the point of the Digital Industry Group Association—whose members include Facebook, Google, Twitter, Microsoft and Yahoo—in its submission to the Barry O’Farrell-led review of Australian online betting laws. The focus...
- $13M online gambling bust lands 28 Vietnamese in trouble
September 8, 2015
Vietnamese authorities are on a roll. Last week, 56 people involved in an illegal online gambling ring were sentenced by the People's Court in Ho Chi Minh City to spend between nine months to eight years in jail. This time, more than two dozen people also found themselves in deep...
- Malaysia gets aggressive against illegal online gambling; Attorney-General to submit amendments to ‘outdated’ gambling law
October 28, 2014
Police authorities in Sarawak, Malaysia are on the clock to eradicate illegal online gambling in the state. The Borneo Post reported that Inspector General of Police Tan Sri Khalid Abu Bakar issued the ultimatum to law enforcement officials in the Malaysian state on the island of Borneo. The edict was...
- China’s illegal gambling crackdown continues; Chinese VIPs continue to look outside Macau to gamble
September 22, 2014
China continued its long-standing campaign of cracking down on illegal gambling by recently destroying more than 4,000 gambling machines in the suburban district of Baoshan. These machines were all seized in police raids. The latest raid on illegal gambling saw 32 people get arrested to go with 379 seized gambling...
- Johor says ‘no’ to casinos; online gambling crackdown in Malaysia to start 2014
January 7, 2014
The Malaysian state Johor wants no part of any casinos being set up in its jurisdiction and any and all attempts in trying to get one up will be met with a Dikembe Mutombo-like rejection. Those were the words that came out of Johor MB Mentri Besar Datuk Mohamed Khaled...