Tag Archives: House of Representatives
- Congress to hold hearing on DFS, sports betting and online gambling
April 14, 2016
House of Representatives' subcommittee schedules May 11 hearing into legality of daily fantasy sports, sports betting and online gambling.
- Adelson’s anti-online gambling bill to get House committee hearing on Dec. 9
December 3, 2015
The US House of Representatives will hold another committee hearing on the anti-online gambling Restoration of America's Wire Act on Dec. 9.
- PH House speaker seeks to curb Pagcor’s powers
May 26, 2014
House deputy speaker Giorgidi Aggabao is challenging laws that gives Pagcor the power to "operate and license gambling casinos."
- The Red Wire: Rand Paul Wrong For Trying To Go Right
March 18, 2014
The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passed the Enforce the Law Act late last week.
- Draft of Sheldon Adelson’s proposed Wire Act rewrite surfaces
January 12, 2014
Sheldon Adelson's anti-online gambling vendetta produces draft legislation to put teeth back into the 1961 Wire Act.
- Pennsylvania online gambling study ok’d; Massachusetts not ready; House hearing
December 4, 2013
Pennsylvania Senate approves online gambling study; Massachusetts regulator says not time for online gambling talk; another Congress hearing
Genting Malaysia may lose $274M on Mass. casino bet
May 23, 2017
The poker-loving penis of Joe Barton does the rounds on social media
November 23, 2017
Pennsylvania regulator hands fines vs. three erring casinos
October 5, 2017
Pennsylvania online gambling bill gets Senate okay, House delay
October 26, 2017
Pennsylvania becomes fourth US state to approve online gambling
October 26, 2017