Tag Archives: House of Representatives
- Sports betting heroes battle forces of evil at House hearing
September 27, 2018
Sports betting proponents greatly outnumbered by opponents at House of Representatives’ subcommittee hearing into legal wagering.
- Congress to hold hearing on DFS, sports betting and online gambling
April 14, 2016
House of Representatives' subcommittee schedules May 11 hearing into legality of daily fantasy sports, sports betting and online gambling.
- Adelson’s anti-online gambling bill to get House committee hearing on Dec. 9
December 3, 2015
The US House of Representatives will hold another committee hearing on the anti-online gambling Restoration of America's Wire Act on Dec. 9.
- PH House speaker seeks to curb Pagcor’s powers
May 26, 2014
House deputy speaker Giorgidi Aggabao is challenging laws that gives Pagcor the power to "operate and license gambling casinos."
- The Red Wire: Rand Paul Wrong For Trying To Go Right
March 18, 2014
The Republican-controlled House of Representatives passed the Enforce the Law Act late last week.
- Draft of Sheldon Adelson’s proposed Wire Act rewrite surfaces
January 12, 2014
Sheldon Adelson's anti-online gambling vendetta produces draft legislation to put teeth back into the 1961 Wire Act.
Sheldon Adelson’s Money Gets Anti Gambling Bill to Congress
March 27, 2014
Bitcoin money laundering report ignores gambling’s history
January 21, 2018